18 Octapharma Plasma Locations
Interactive Map of Blood Donation Centers and Drive Locations
Become a Hero with Octapharma Plasma
Discovering OctapharmaOctapharma Plasma is a company committed to collecting plasma, which is used to create lifesaving medicines for patients suffering from complicated diseases.
They are based in the United States and, nationally, they manage more than 45 plasma donation centers and hire over 3,000 employees.
About the Parent CompanyOctapharma Plasma is a part of a much bigger company, Octapharma AG. It is one of the largest producer of plasma in the world, located in Lachen, Switzerland.
In a span of over 30 years, they have achieved the following:
- They have collected over 1.5 billion Euros in revenue.
- They have expanded to 6,000 employees worldwide.
- In 2014, they developed important projects like the next generation immunoglobulin and the latest fibrinogen product.
- They have almost 80% of plasma sources from company-owned donation centers.
- They also own 45 plasma donation centers in the US, and 9 in Germany.
Tracing the RootsGo back in time and discover the beginnings of Octapharma Plasma:
- Octapharma was established, with the company name being taken from the Greek word "octa" meaning "eight” (which also means "hemophilia A deficient people" in medical factor).
- The first ever virus inactivated FVIII product named "octavi®" was proudly produced.
- The license for this innovative treatment was acquired, which became a gold standard in plasma production.
- Octapharma obtained a fractionation plant from Chemie Linz, and launched its first production facility in Vienna.
- After so many years of developing, they finally launched the intravenous immunoglobulin octagam®.
- Octapharma Biopharmaceuticals (formerly Octagene) is established in Munich for the development of a human cell line of recombinant FVIII products.
- They launched a new generation of products, replacing octavi® with high purity, double virus inactivated FVIII (octanate®) and FIX concentrates (octanine®F).
- They acquired a second plant in Lingolsheim, France.
- They acquired the plasma division of Biovitrum located in Sweden.
- They started their expansion in North America.
- They acquired Deutsche Gesellschaft fu?r Humaplasma (DGH) plasma centers.
- They established their plasma service company named Octapharma Plasma Inc. (OPI).
- They opened the new Institute for Recombinant Protein Research and Development headquartered in Heidelberg, Germany.
- The human cell line recombinant FVIII (Nuwiq®) was approved by the European Commission.
What Octapharma Plasma is All About
CommitmentSince 1983, Octapharma Plasma has been committed to patient care and medical innovation. They are dedicated to improve patients’ health and lives by providing quality plasma products across the world.
MissionOctapharma Plasma is committed to serve patients with safe and optimum use of human proteins. The company’s core missions are:
- to ensure customer satisfaction by providing excellent donor experience
- to provide enough supply of quality plasma to make lifesaving medicines
VisionOctapharma Plasma’s focus is their shared responsibility for the trust that physicians and patients around the world gave to them.
They have developed the following strategic visions that will help them reach their goal:
- gain access to the international market by increasing their product portfolio
- triumphantly enter the recombinant industry
- make plasma available for everyone
- hire only the best employees and have an open and transparent communication with them
Octapharma Plasma’s WorkforceMeet the team behind Octapharma Plasma:
- CEO and Executive VP: Judy Smith
- VP, Finance: Barry Pomeroy
- Senior Directors:
- Operations: Bill Griner
- Supply Chain: Alice Stewart
- HR, Training and Development: Kathy Taylor
- Information Technologyt: Ray Reyes
- Regulatory Affairs/Quality Assurance: Monica Byrd
Donate Plasma Today!Plasma donors are very important in Octapharma Plasma’s ongoing success, that is why they strive hard to create a positive donor experience. They focus on safety, cleanliness and customer service that make dedicated plasma donors come back for more donation, week after week and year after year, as much as possible.
Time to Donate!First time donors must have knowledge of the following:
What to BringDon’t go to any plasma center unless you have the following with you:
- latest valid photo ID (e.g. driver's license)
- social security ID card
- proof of your current address (e.g. a letter or bill of current lease within 30 days)
Body RequirementsThese are the general requirements for plasma donors:
- age: 18-64 years old (19 if living in Alabama)
- weight: at least 110 pounds
- must be in good health
- must have a healthy vein for drawing blood
- must not have gotten ear and body piercings, body tattoos or permanent makeup in the past 12 months
What to ExpectOn the day of donation, the following activities are expected to happen:
- health screening
- answering of medical questionnaire
- taking of blood samples
Why Should You Donate?Octapharma is known to be a reputable company in plasma expertise worldwide. Obviously, plasma can't be made artificially, so the process of plasma donation is essential.
By donating plasma, you can save lives and become a true hero. Octapharma is committed to customer satisfaction and safety, so rest assured that your plasma will be put to good use.
Other Blood, Plasma & Cord Companies
American Friends of Magen David Adom American Red Cross Animal Blood Bank Aventis Bio-Blood Biological Life Plasma BioLife Biotest Plasma Blood Assurance Blood Centers of the Pacific Blood Connection BloodCenter of Wisconsin Bloodnet BloodSource Bonfils Carter BloodCare Cascade Regional Blood Service Central Blood Bank Central California Blood Center Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank Community Blood Center
Cord Blood Solutions CSL Plasma DCI Delta Blood Bank Florida's Blood Center Gulf Coast Regional Heartland Blood Hoxworth Hudson Valley Blood Service IBR Indiana Blood Center Interstate Blood Inland Northwest Blood Center Life Sera Lifeblood Lifeshare Lifesource LifeSouth Memorial Blood Center Michigan Community Blood Centers Miller-Keystone
Mississippi Valley Regional Nabi Biopharmaceuticals New Jersey Blood Service New York Blood Center Northwest Florida Blood Center Ochsner Oklahoma Blood Institute OneMatch Blood Services Puget Sound Blood Pyramid Biological Rock River Valley Blood Center Seracare South Texas Blood Center Southeastern Community Blood Stewart Regional Blood Center Suncoast Talecris United Blood Services U P Regional Blood Virginia Blood Services
Paid Plasma USA Regional Map
North East Mid Atlantic South Atlantic South East East North Central North Midwest West North Central West South Central Mountain West Coast
Select Popular Cities from below:
Albuquerque, NM. Anchorage, AK. Asheville, NC. Atlanta, GA. Austin, TX. Baltimore, MD. Bangor, ME. Baton Rouge, LA. Billings, MT. Birmingham, AL. Boise, ID. Burlington, VT. Canton, OH. Cedar Rapids, IA. Charleston, SC. Charlotte, NC. Chattanooga, TN. Cheyenne, WY. Chicago, IL. Cincinnati, OH. Cleveland, OH. Colorado Springs, CO. Columbus, OH. Dallas, TX. Denver, CO. Duluth, MN. Eau Claire, WI. El Paso, TX. Eugene, OR. Evansville, IN. Pittsburgh, PA.
Fargo, ND. Fort Myers, FL. Grand Rapids, MI. Harrisburg, PA. Honolulu, HI. Houston, TX. Huntington, WV. Indianapolis, IN. Jackson, MS. Jacksonville, FL. Lansing, MI. Las Vegas, NV. Lexington, KY. Lincoln, NE. Little Rock, AR. Los Angeles, CA. Louisville, KY. Manchester, NH. Memphis, TN. Miami, FL. Milwaukee, WI. Mobile, AL. Nashville, TN. New Haven, CT. New Orleans, LA. New York, NY. Norfolk, VA. Ogden, UT. Omaha, NE. Philadelphia, PA.
Portland, OR. Poughkeepsie, NY. Providence, RI. Raleigh, NC. Reno, NV. Richmond, VA. Rockford, IL. Sacramento, CA. Saint Louis, MO. Saint Paul, MN. San Antonio, TX. San Diego, CA. Savannah, GA. Scottsdale, AZ. Seattle, WA. Sioux Falls, SD. Spokane, WA. Springfield, MO. Staten Island, NY. Tampa, FL. Tempe, AZ. Texarkana, AR. Topeka, KS. Trenton, NJ. Tulsa, OK. Tupelo, MS. Washington, DC. Wichita, KS. Wilmington, DE. Worcester, MA.
Select State from below:
AL - Alabama AK - Alaska AZ - Arizona AR - Arkansas CA - California CO - Colorado CT - Connecticut DE - Delaware DC - Columbia FL - Florida GA - Georgia HI - Hawaii DI - Idaho IL - Illinois IN - Indiana IA - Iowa KS - Kansas
KY - Kentucky LA - Louisiana ME - Maine MD - Maryland MA - Massachusetts MI - Michigan MN - Minnesota MS - Mississippi MO - Missouri MT - Montana NE - Nebraska NV - Nevada NH - New Hampshire NJ - New Jersey NM - New Mexico NY - New York NC - North Carolina