Okay, BloodBanker.com has been around for over 10 years, here are the most common questions we get about plasma donations.
What are the general requirements?
- Minimum 18 years, maximum 69 year. In good health and at least 110 pounds weight with proof of ID and sometimes address.
How much can I get paid?
- It depends on the place, but said and done you’ll get about $25-$45 per donation.
Where can I donate?
- You can find a local donation center here at BloodBanker.com/Banks
How long does it take?
- It takes about 1.5 hours once you are in the system.
What can I do during the donation time?
- Almost anything in a chair, you can read books, watch movies, play games on your phone. Many locations have movies going, otherwise personal entertainment is encouraged.
Is it safe?
- Yes, all the machine does is remove the plasma from your blood and return the rest to you. It’s perfectly safe and even better then a whole blood letting.
Can you get sick from it?
- Do not donate if you have cold symptoms as it will make it worse.
Does it hurt?
- No, it is painless and many people find it rather relaxing.
What is plasma used for?
- Plasma is used to treat cancer and many other diseases and medical procedures. It can’t be producing in a lab or factory. The only source is from healthy humans.
Why would i donate plasma?
- You want to make money and/or help modern medicine as blood products are increasing being used in many different applications to heal people.
Plasma Treating Neuologic Conditions:
Plasma for healing pain:
Technical plasma analysis: